Hey guys, hope you all had a wonderful new year. I am really sorry about not being able to write anything this past month. I was feeling sick and frustrated by not being able to do any interesting stuff. So today I wanted to talk about the benefits of eating honey and is it really a miracle food?
These days, most of us try to opt for a healthier diet. Since we all know that sugar is really bad for your health as it slows down our metabolism, increases weight, risk of acquiring diabetes, tooth problems etc. So what do all the doctors or dietitians suggest as a healthier alternative? Honey.Do you know that people are consuming honey from more than 2,500 years? The honey found in the Egyptian pyramids is edible even today.So, lets look at what are the health benefits of consuming honey on a regular basis and decide for our self whether it is beneficial or not.
Benefits Of Honey
- Honey is one of the most energetic foods available today. 1 spoon of honey =65 calories but the sugar is made of glucose and fructose making it one of the easily digested foods.
- Honey gives you instant energy.
- It is a natural laxative.
- It aids in weight loss when consumed with warm water on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Enriches your body with various vitamins and minerals.
- Improves your immunity and body’s resistance to fight diseases.
- Has cancer preventing and tumor fighting capabilities.
- Improves Digestion.
- Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for your skin and brings glowing skin.
- It contains many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, calcium,iron, manganese,magnesium,copper,sodium etc.
- Helps in relieving cough.
- Helps in relieving stomach ulcers, joint pains etc.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Honey has infection fighting properties. It fights bacterial and fungal infections.
- Helps in faster healing of wounds and cuts.
- Rejuvenates your damaged hair and moisturizes it.
- Natural sweetener
- Honey when combined with lemon helps in relieving sore throats.
- Honey helps in blood circulation and transporting more oxygen to your body parts.
- Honey helps in treating post operative wounds and burns too.
Benefits of honey have also been mentioned in various religious scriptures and they quote it to be a miracle food for humans. However, caution must be taken when kids are consuming honey. Infants below one year must not be given honey as they may suffer from infant botulism.
I hope you liked reading this article.As we love hearing from our readers, we would like you to connect with us on Facebook and share your thoughts with us. Have an Amazing Day Ahead!!!